PDA

View Full Version : MAF/MAS do I need to replace?

TripleG
02-16-2008, 16:57
I keep getting the code P0103 for High Rate Mass Air Flow Sensor. I have and aftermarket Air Box with OE tubing and OE MAF. The Air Box i have is a Bully Dog. I have Replaced the Air Filter thinking maybe it just wasnt getting clean enough and that possibly the re-oiling could be interferring with the MAF. I have also cleaned the MAF with electronics cleaner makeing sure it throughly dryed. Still getting the P0103. The truck as 175k on it and the MAF is origional. I did recently upgrade/add Kennedy's Custom 50/100 ECM. I dont feel that the two are related.

Any thoughts ?

As ive looked at buying a MAF. If i do need to do this should i stay with OE or go aftermarket? It seems most aftermarket are the tube type and the OE is the Finger in the tube type.

Thanks

Kennedy
02-21-2008, 13:23
Craig can follow up for certain, but last we talked he had returned his intake to a stock unit and the code had gone away. MAF sensors on these trucks seldom if ever go bad. They do get dirty and can create some issues, but a simple cleaning takes care of this.

The problem lies in the aftermarket intake altering the air and velocity that the sensor sees. While it's easy enough to switch off the associated DTC in the tune, I prefer to fix the issue as was done here.