PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happening

d-rails
02-16-2008, 22:00
Hey guy's, I have had a could strange thinks happen recently and was hoping you could help me shed some light in it.

1. The fuel gauge said I had about 1/4 tank of fuel, yet the truck dies on me about 2 miles from the house. Added fuel to it and it started right up. When to fill it up and sure enough the gauge was wrong and the tank only had the little but of fuel I put in it to get there.

2. The temperature output on the review mirror displays OC. I noticed this after having my batteries replaced. The direction indicator still works fine.

Have any of you seen these, problems before.

I have a 2003 2500 HD duramax shortbed crewcab.

Thanks a head of time.
-D:confused:

More Power
02-25-2008, 11:53
Don't know about the temp gauge, but the following thread explains how to test the fuel gauge sender.... :)

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=23491

Jim

Philsauto
03-07-2008, 23:19
Hey guy's, I have had a could strange thinks happen recently and was hoping you could help me shed some light in it.

1. The fuel gauge said I had about 1/4 tank of fuel, yet the truck dies on me about 2 miles from the house. Added fuel to it and it started right up. When to fill it up and sure enough the gauge was wrong and the tank only had the little but of fuel I put in it to get there.

2. The temperature output on the review mirror displays OC. I noticed this after having my batteries replaced. The direction indicator still works fine.

Have any of you seen these, problems before.

I have a 2003 2500 HD duramax shortbed crewcab.

Thanks a head of time.
-D:confused:

The temp sensor is located under the headlamp near the driver's side battery. Possible it was damaged or disconnected. A replacement sensor is available through Napa for a reasonable price.