PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 cuts out

allformike
02-16-2008, 22:49
so the other day i had to use the 4x4 for more than a few seconds to get myself out of some snow. but this morning i went to a friend of mines house and the road looked like it hadn't been plowed for weeks. i stopped and put it in 4 high while in nuetral, put it in reverse, then in drive and it went in good like always. as i got further down the road, i began to slow as the snow was nearing my bumper, gave it a little pettle, then a bit more then CLUNK and no more 4x4. i put it nuetral put it back in 2 wheel, waited a second, then back to 4 high. it worked fine untill i got about half throttle then it pops out. so i'm thinking that the hubs may be gone, or near there. i have no idea if they have been changed and the truck has 277,xxx miles on it. also is it possible to change them to lockout hubs? what you guys think.

wade-ve7trw
02-16-2008, 23:09
check this out:http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/inst_tsg.html. temperature related problem with the engaging thermal gas actuator is a common problem of your year of truck. Search posts for more info on this.