PDA

View Full Version : 6.5NA Injector Pump on a 6.5 TD?

TanM998
08-18-2004, 05:31
Can one put a naturally asperated injector pump from a 6.5NA (or even 6.2) and put that on a Turbo equpt engine? Or vice versa, change the NA to have a turbo and have it mechanically controled at the injector pump?

Also, what are the differences for the Turbos (specifically for the G Van or Hummer applications) from the naturally asperated...

My best guesses are...
Injector Pump
Intake Manifolds
Exhaust Manifolds
Heads (but whats different here I don't know)
misc small stuff like sensors etc...

Thanks in advance!

Scott
'85 Tan M998 W/CTIS

Peter J. Bierman
08-18-2004, 12:45
If you have a look in the 6.2 forum, you see that there are numerous pojects going on putting one or more :D turbos on older N/A engines.
As long as the injectorpump can deliver enough fuel to match the extra air, it'll work too.
On the other hand, there are numerous projects going on putting older (mechanical) pumps on 6.5 TD engines like the 6.5 powerproject.
So as long as you bring the right equipment together it will work.

I am not familiar with van engines or hummers but I think your list is about right.
There are facory units with TD engins so the parts are available en it can be done.

Peter

richard7
08-19-2004, 17:08
For the van's and Hummer H1 engines up to 2003, the head injector angle is more upright, and the turbo sits on a machined surface at the rear of the engine block for the oil pressure feed and return.
As you pointed, all intake and exhaust manifolds are different.