PDA

View Full Version : turn signals

cwillis
02-18-2008, 16:13
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the turn signals in the rear? I have no voltage in my left rear unit.

The others are fine, just that one. any help?

Chris

wade-ve7trw
02-18-2008, 18:18
dose brake lites and 4 way flashers work on that side; if they do then problem may well be in the steering column

cwillis
02-19-2008, 02:40
I dont think so. and the 4ways. . .I dont know how to activate them. lol I dont see a switch.

wade-ve7trw
02-19-2008, 16:27
push/or pull button on steering column right hand side-below key switch

cwillis
02-20-2008, 17:57
thanks ill go check that. . . . I am considering pulling out alot of the cirsuits and rewireing them with new switches on the dash.
I think alot of it hinges on the tail-light problem and how many totally new circuits I am going to add and which ones I will just leave as a "project for later."

So far my list of circuits is this. . .

Driving lights (2-4 lights, great for back country driving when deer are out.)

Fog lights (under rated and normally misused, a set of amber fogs in the rain and fog is indispensible)

Aux reverse lights ( already have them but not wired. . . 2x55w)

Third brake light (want a smoke colored LED light from an F250

Rock Lights (55wx4 awesome when off roading)

Aux dome lights (I like to have a couple red LEDs to check on my son without waking him up and messing up my night vision)

Audio Amps

On Board Air (just for the clutch)

Strobes (My job may require emergency high speed driving at some times. I hope not though)

Linear Amplifier (no comment)

Digital Trunk Tracking Scanner (self explanitory)

thats alot when you think about it. . . . a whole relay bank. Thats why i need to know what this is. . . I wish i had a schematic.

wade-ve7trw
02-20-2008, 20:24
cwillis--check your pm's

cwillis
02-21-2008, 20:49
email sent, thank you sir. . .

captcbw
02-22-2008, 17:52
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the turn signals in the rear? I have no voltage in my left rear unit.

The others are fine, just that one. any help?

Chris
Im not sure I read the problem correctly, but I just had no brake lites on the right side, everything else worked Ok. It turned out to be a bad turn signal switch. Hope this may help someone, I checked everything, before I broke down and asked for help
My 2 cents worth

cwillis
02-22-2008, 19:43
ya my cruise control doent work either. I may have to get a new switch. does anyone have a diagram for that? I would really like to fix that for road trips. . .

Chris