PDA

View Full Version : Hard start

Capt. Scott
12-01-2003, 16:18
I have A 95 6.5HO that just got hard to start and the check engine light is on! I checked for loose or dirty connections, that didn't fix it.
it has codes 13, 17,18,35,54. I think it's the FSD but would like someone elses input.
If I change the FSD I want to relocate it with one of the after market coolers, if I do this without removing the old one will I still have to hookup to A computor to retime the engine?

gmctd
12-01-2003, 19:21
All those DTC's may indicate bad inj pump, but could also be bad\dirty fuel, or connections and grounds.
Pull the fuel filter and inspect it.
Disconnect and re-connect all the engine harness plugs, starting behind the fuel filter, working forward to the inj pump.

Replacing the FSD does not require any interface with a Tech-II - just plug it and go. Original may be left on IP for spare.

Capt. Scott
12-01-2003, 20:44
Thank you for the input.
I replaced the fuel filter today and I've bought my fuel from the same place on the same pump for 3 years now and have had no problems with it before.
I'm hoping it's not the pump! I'm going to check all the plugs you mentioned next, agian thank you for the input.