PDA

View Full Version : coolant puddle

Bad Max
02-21-2008, 12:01
I have a 07 LBZ DMax with ATS upgrades as Aurora 3000, ATS tranny, etc. last year during the winter. I noticed a warning on my instrument panel that coolant level was low and added some special coolant as required by the dealer about 3 weeks ago. I noticed a small puddle under my truck and it is coolant. I went under my truck and see a drop of coolant on the transmission housing and does anyone know where it may come from or has anyone have that problem? I have not thoroghly cleaned and checked it yet until I am done with changing out the oil and filter. Thanks

inspector g
02-22-2008, 09:43
Check the heater hose clamps at the firewall connection. Had one loosen up on me and it took a long time to figure out where in the heck the very slight drip was coming from. You can't see it from the top so feel underneath the fitting(s). Hope this helps.

More Power
02-25-2008, 11:48
Up about 2/3 of the way up on the passenger side of the aluminum transmission bellhousing adapter is a small plate with two attaching bolts. That plate covers a cavity that is part of the channel that carries coolant from the driver's side to the passenger side of the trans adapter. I found the bolts were not very tight on one of my trucks.

Another possibility would be the coolant lines for the factory turbocharger. Since you've replaced the turbo, it might be a good idea to check those lines.

Jim