PDA

View Full Version : Another KO-KO-?

DaveNY
02-24-2008, 06:45
I got the basics on TDCO with the KO-KO procedure. New question:after recently removing stock exhaust with a almost completely clogged Cat and replaced with a 3" system all the way back Boost and egt along with performance changed. Old system 65 mph level w/cruise on, boost 4-5 lbs egt 450' post turbo. Now same run egt 350-400 boost 7-8 lbs.
My big truck experience tells me more boost means more throttle,but it runs great.
Will a KO-KO and a couple of short easy rides change any thing? not sure what parameters change during the relearn process.
Dave

gmctd
02-24-2008, 13:55
TDCO is LEARNed at idle - freeing up the exhaust cannot effect TDCO, but will affect fuel economy until you get become accustomed to the extra power....................

DaveNY
02-24-2008, 17:59
Didnt think it would disturb timimng but was looking for an understanding of the driving paramaters that have to be relearned after KOKO. Would they be different values after the exhaust was opened up than prior to the exhaust change. I do not know what parameters have to be relearned. So was wondering if another KOKO would be required.
Dave?

gmctd
02-24-2008, 19:11
Do nothing - just enjoy if no DTC