PDA

View Full Version : WTB trashed injectors for 6.2 and 6.5td

joe bleaux
02-24-2008, 13:23
The 6.2 uses the big pattern screw threads. It is in an n.a. van.

The 6.5 uses whatever came on it.

I want to try my hand at rebuilding so I can have spares.

Thanks

Joe

DmaxMaverick
02-24-2008, 13:55
1982 6.2's used the unique thread injectors. 1983 and later are the same (threads) through the last 6.5's. The injector pop pressures and lengths were different, depending on engine and application. The injector length requires matching injector lines (do not bend to fit!).

joe bleaux
02-24-2008, 17:47
Thanks for the info, Dmax. I assume that you are sure about that. This van had its engine replaced and I was almost sure that it is and '84/85. Now, I cracked the heads and found a pair with small cracks that were welded. I looked long and hard for these heads. In hindsight, I suppose I would have been better off just getting new injectors and used heads to utilize the newer style.

I always pay for my lessons, one way or another.

Joe

1982 6.2's used the unique thread injectors. 1983 and later are the same (threads) through the last 6.5's. The injector pop pressures and lengths were different, depending on engine and application. The injector length requires matching injector lines (do not bend to fit!).

DmaxMaverick
02-24-2008, 18:10
Yeah. I'm sure. If yours isn't original, all bets are off. Especially if you aren't sure what was installed. 1982 (OEM) was the only year to use coarse thread injectors, but the length and lines were the same as later years. Still the injector body length and lines are dependent on the vehicle they were in. The vans used short body injectors.

Rebuilding them is fine. As long as you are pop testing them, and using new nozzles, they'll be as good as remans you can buy (there's very little to a reman other than nozzles, springs/shims and time). Stay away from marine nozzles, as it will be very difficult to get a good spray pattern at 6.2L pressures and lower flow. OEM Bosch or Delphi are good nozzles, IIRC. John8662 is probably better at advising you on this than I.

joe bleaux
02-24-2008, 19:37
Good deal then, Dmax.

I seem to recall something about N45 for these injectors.

I will look around for the parts.

Thanks

Joe

coinball
02-27-2008, 09:50
I have brand new Government Issue (Delphi) 6.2 injectors (meant for hummer) just collecting dust.

Delphi 6704001---6.2 Long fine thread

Make me a decent offer and they're yours...

joe bleaux
02-27-2008, 12:04
Coinball,

I don't think that they will fit in the heads on this engine.

I will check to be sure.

Thanks for the offer and I will get back with you.

Joe

restoguy
03-03-2008, 21:46
I've got a fresh rebuilt set of coarse-thread heads if you are interested. I understand that you're looking for injectors and probably don't need any more odd-ball heads, but I though I'd offer them.

joe bleaux
03-04-2008, 11:23
PM sent, Restoguy.

Joe