PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Mount Towing Mirrors

Boatswain
02-25-2008, 20:32
I have a 2004 GMC crewcab 2500 diesel. I have power adjust heated mirrors with the standard black plastic casing. The mirrors are not the telescoping out type for wide trailers. That is my reason for writing. I am buying a larger boat then the one I have now and the boat is about a foot wider. I would like to know what type of temporary clamp on towing mirror GMC owners with the standard mirrors who tow wide loads use. I have seen the slip over type by Cipa they look like the best for me. Can anyone recomend the right model number or style to buy? THANKS!

KallyI
02-26-2008, 08:21
Sorry, can't give you the right part number, but can confim that CIPA are the ones to use. I've had them for 5 years now, and am very pleased with them.

OC_DMAX
02-28-2008, 19:36
I purchased the CIPA type slip on mirrors from Camping World here:

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wizard/index.cfm?skuNum=7753d&cord_Group=11

They worked great for my boat and Travel Trailer. They were also an inexpensive fix to seeing a wider load. No vibration at all.

When I upgraded to a 5th Wheel three years ago, I needed more glass area in the vertical to see more of the trailer. So I went with the TTT replacement mirrors. A lot more expensive and replacement mirror for the factory unit. Still need more mirror in the vertical plane, but would probably look strange on the truck.