PDA

View Full Version : injector replacement ?

bd1028
02-27-2008, 13:01
Well its time for Injector replacement .Just had balance rates checked cylinders 2,3,6,7 need replaced.Have 306000 miles on the truck. what are my options for injectors only got 38000 miles out of the last set installed by the dealer ?

Thanks in advance,Brian

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd
Duramax

madmatt
02-28-2008, 05:28
Watch ebay. I saw a set go pretty cheap there.

Duramaster
02-28-2008, 06:51
What are you getting from E-BAY? Someones old takeouts? :confused:

doodad
02-28-2008, 23:09
What were your symptoms leading to geting it services & checking the balance rates?

Also, was balance rate the only problem they noticed with those cylinders? Did they check return rate?

Thanks

Kennedy
02-29-2008, 10:33
Well its time for Injector replacement .Just had balance rates checked cylinders 2,3,6,7 need replaced.Have 306000 miles on the truck. what are my options for injectors only got 38000 miles out of the last set installed by the dealer ?

Thanks in advance,Brian

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd
Duramax

How many times have they been changed so far?

What are you running for filtration and additive?

bd1028
02-29-2008, 13:45
This will be the third time. Last time I had them replace just the left bank.
stock filter .I have ran standyne performance formula.

White smoke at idle is why I took it in for balance rate check.

madmatt
02-29-2008, 14:21
What are you getting from E-BAY? Someones old takeouts? :confused:

Nope, I just bought a full set of brand new, still in the box, never installed, newest P/N LB7 injectors for $1400.

Duramaster
02-29-2008, 14:41
Are thet BRAND NEW ::::::bosch:::: injectors? Or someones remans? Just wondering. That is really cheap. What kind of warranty do you get with them? :)

madmatt
02-29-2008, 15:20
Brand new, never remanufactured. The guy bought them out right but never installed them. Then GM reimbursed him for them (the parts guys didn't tell him about the special policy), he traded the truck w/o ever installing these.

Kennedy
03-03-2008, 07:44
This will be the third time. Last time I had them replace just the left bank.
stock filter .I have ran standyne performance formula.

White smoke at idle is why I took it in for balance rate check.

I think it's time to take a pro-active approach here. Add filtration, and make sure that you have additive in every tank. I prefer FPPF Total Power.

crafty
03-04-2008, 13:12
Duramster,

Can you tell me how many hours GM gives you to replace an injector? I just had the number 5 replaced last month and I was 36 days out of the extended warranty. Even after opening a file with Customer Assistance I was left with no choice but to pay half the cost. My half was $489. I do have a note on my file that if the remaining 3 that are original go bad within a reasonable amount of time, they will conider paying half of those as well.
The last 3 are all on the same side so I want to know what the cost would be to do all 3 at the same time instead of paying to have the engine torn down 3 times on the same side. I have been quoted a cost to me of $250 per injector for parts so I just want to know what to expect for labour.

Thanks,

Crafty

Duramaster
03-04-2008, 20:01
I don't know the cost of the injector at this time, but WARRANTY labor time is 3.1 hours for the first one injector on the right bank and .3 hours for the additional three on the right bank -OR- the WHOLE JOB pays 8 hours WARRANTY labor time for both banks. WHY OH WHY is your dealer just replacing the injectors one at a time??!!?????? Special Policy 04039B plainly states replace the entire set!!! :(

crafty
03-05-2008, 06:37
Duramaster,

Thanks for the info. I have tried and tried and it is always the same answer. My truck does not qualify for all eight to be replaced. When I opened a file with GM Customer Assistance I quoted a bulletin number #1867166 and I was told that it didn't apply either. This number came from a former service manager that now works at another dealer.
So I have injectors 2, 4 and 8 left that are original. Is that the left or right side? Based on what you told me and a labour rate or $82 an hour it should be about $320 for labour to do the three and my cost to buy the three injectors would be $750. There is no way that I will do the remaining three one at a time.
I will call the dealer today to get his labour quote. I'll let you know what he tells me. Based on past history I'm quite sure I will be back under the hood before the year is up.
When this last injector went, I was driving down the road at 80 kms per hour and the truck just started to miss. I had three miles to go to get to my destination so I went the rest of the way. This is the first one that caused a miss in the engine. All the other failures were just high out of balance rates with no obvious symptoms. Only the idle was a little rough.

Thanks for your help.

Crafty