PDA

View Full Version : Fuelmeister II would like some feedback about product

JFerg65
03-01-2008, 13:42
With prices the way they are going there are a few of us wanting to jump into the bio diesel manufacturing. I would like some feedback into the fuelmeister II set up, the good , bad , and ugly.

I would like to know from some people doing it on a regular basis and not some guy push'in his product.

Specifically;
1. The amount of true hands on time required to start and finish a batch.

2. True gallons per day possibilities.

3. True cost of the day to day ingredients, such a lye, methanol ect.

4. Any thing else I might need to know.

Thanks as usual for any help.

murphyslaw
03-01-2008, 14:56
I would like to know as well. looking to run nothing but bio in my 6.2 this summer.

convert2diesel
03-01-2008, 22:43
Jferg and Murphy:

If you get it, make sure you get it cheap. I believe the parent company filed for chapter 11 and for good reason. They made a dangerous product and had a big support problem.

Would suggest you log on to

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc

Search for Fuelmeister and expect to get an ear full. Have no direct experience with them but attended a bio-diesel workshop with one of their (cough, cough) engineers(???). Certainly was not one of the shiniest tools in the box.

You will also see there reference to another product called the Bio-Pro. Seems to be very well made and fully automatic except for draining. Their Bio-Pro 150 (40 gal) sells for very little more then the Fuelmiester and is ten times the machine.

Hope this helps

Bill

JFerg65
03-02-2008, 05:15
Bill
This is exactly what I was looking for!. Thank you very much for the information and will check out the sources you provided.

murphyslaw
03-03-2008, 19:44
I just say a bit about the fuel meister ll on a show called "invention nation" seemed ok but it was a short spot.

Bill Voitel
02-08-2009, 20:56
Havent been here in a while but need to jump in. I have a fuelmiester 1 or two tank unit, have been brewing for 3 years with no incidents. Have replaced two hoses but thats it.
I don't brew in the winter months to cold and i don't heat the garage cause of the risk of fumes & it going boom.....