PDA

View Full Version : trans coolant lines- recall?

hrsedrvr
03-02-2008, 06:04
last week i was in to the local allison dealer for service and he said the coolant lines are seeping a bit. he said to check on a recall for them before he replaced them. anyone know of this and would it still cover mine, i have a 2001 2500HD allison 5 spd
also if anyone is interested he said its not a big job to covert to the 6 spd, can be done without removing trans from truck, mostly just computer work and switches. he was'nt sure of the cost but is supposed to let me know.
i also have a starting issue when hot and while there he scanned ti and ti showed these codes
PO500B veh speed sensor
PO102B Mass air flow sensor
PO234B eng overboost cord
PO500B ss circ
PO700A trans cont mod request malf indicator

could any of these relate to starting issues?
i'm just new to duramax and trying to learn
thanks for any input

Duramaster
03-02-2008, 10:05
It would be nice to know what the cranking fuel pressure is. Also, what does the fuel pressure ramp up to when the engine is hot. With out actually seeing and diagnosing the vehicle, the hard start sounds like the start of injector failure. See if you can get those two bits of data. You will need a GM TECH2 to get these values. ;)

Shed
03-06-2008, 14:29
I would love more info about this "easier" six speed swap. I find it hard to believe that the 5spd can be converted without removing the trans. but what do I know! Does anyone have more info on this or have done this? Want to keep my 01' but would love a 6spd! Shed

doodad
03-06-2008, 19:29
It's a valve body and tcm change. No need to remove trans. Parts are about $1700 ish, depending on where you look. Install yourself, or pay to have someone else do it.

tufcj
03-07-2008, 08:59
I've had seepage problems on my 97 Suburban, 2000 Blazer, 2003 blazer, and 2003 K2500HD. All except the 97 were leaking and covered inside the 3yr/36000 warranty.

I spoke to the service rep when they did my truck, he said there had been at least 7 revisions of the swedgeing of the rubber line to the metal, and they still leak. He also said there would never be a recall, since there is no safety issue with the seeping lines. So if you're past the 3/36, you're on your own.

Bob
tufcj

Shed
03-09-2008, 06:23
OK so I have no idea what I'm talking about! I'm getting used to it!!!:D

Does anyone know who carries this 6spd swap stuff? Just wondering if anyone knew where to get more info. Most likely I will have to have my local shop do the work.

This site is AWESOME! Now i get my 6spd!!!! I'm so content right now!!!

Thanks for all the info you have really made my month!!!

Shed:D

DmaxMaverick
03-09-2008, 11:20
The 6 speed swap stuff is at www.suncoastconverters.com.