PDA

View Full Version : I Think My Motor Has a Terminal Disease

Wheat Whacker
04-25-2004, 06:21
Well I had a bad day yesterday. I was rolling down I-94 towards Minneapolis and the ole 6.5 started to make some different sounds so I turned down the tunes and shut off the fan motor and about that time the low coolant light came on then the oil pressure started to drop then came the enourmous cloud of white smoke out the exaust. I managed to coast into Albany, MN. The only place in the area that the tow driver knew to take it was the Albany Chrysler Center. He said they do good work even on Diesels. Anybody have any experienece with the Albany Chrysler Center or know of a better place to take it around Albany? Could someone please give me some hope that it is not as bad as I think it is :( :eek: .

patrick m.
04-25-2004, 06:32
the senario doesnt sound that bad untill "loss of oil pressure" jumps up and grabs you right in the rear pocket :eek:
dont look too good, hope im wrong

Wheat Whacker
04-25-2004, 11:04
Actually it wasn't the loss of oil pressure that bothers me so much as the part where my coolant is now mixed with my engine oil that really scares my pocketbook. Might just have to trade for a good used Dodge with a CTD since I am at a Chrysler dealer anyway.

Randee of the Redwoods
04-25-2004, 14:58
Well, I'm crossing my fingers for you. If it's only head gaskets, a GM dealer quoted me less than $2000 for the full job. Hopefully, that's all you will need. Can't help with a place in Albany, but if hg's is all it is, hopefully you won't get shafted anywhere pricewise.

Wheat Whacker
04-25-2004, 17:15
Randee I would be very happy if it is only head gaskets since I just replaced them in January so I would expect it to be fixed under warranty. That would be alright.

Wheat Whacker
05-15-2004, 17:53
Well the mystery is solved. I have a piston in numerous pieces laying in my oil pan. So now it is time for a new motor since is damaged the cylinder wall as well. Not sure yet since I haven't pulled the heads off yet as to why the pison dynamited. Will have to see if the heads cracked and dumped a bunch of water into the cylinder or possible blew an injector tip apart. Will see when I get a chance to tear it apart.