PDA

View Full Version : Centrifuge Oil Filtration

DA BIG ONE
03-05-2008, 05:03
I forget who pointed to the CENTRIFUGE OIL FILTRATION system but it looks to be the best way to filter used oils be it dyno, syn, or veggy.

Any of you use any CENTRIFUGE OIL FILTRATION setup or have hands on w/heavy diesel applications, or?

http://www.dieselproducts.com/spinner/sp_works.html

murphyslaw
03-06-2008, 00:40
I have a spinner 2 on the cat 343 main in my boat, as a bypass fileter. thing works great you wouldn't imagine the tar that comes out of that thing. its like rubber but its really all the soot and such from the oil, its crazy.

joe bleaux
03-06-2008, 11:57
DBO,

I have been thinking about how to build one for quite some time, now.

I have a lathe, mill and all sorts of other equipment to make one. I just haven't settled on a design. I wish I could find plans.

When I say "build", I mean the whole thing and not just take a centrifuge and put it in some sort of system.

I want to build one for processing oil at home and one for on the road.

Joe

I forget who pointed to the CENTRIFUGE OIL FILTRATION system but it looks to be the best way to filter used oils be it dyno, syn, or veggy.

Any of you use any CENTRIFUGE OIL FILTRATION setup or have hands on w/heavy diesel applications, or?

http://www.dieselproducts.com/spinner/sp_works.html

joe bleaux
03-07-2008, 10:15
Is anyone here that has a lathe and mill and would like to collaborate on the building of a centrifuge?

Joe

DBO,

I have been thinking about how to build one for quite some time, now.

I have a lathe, mill and all sorts of other equipment to make one. I just haven't settled on a design. I wish I could find plans.

When I say "build", I mean the whole thing and not just take a centrifuge and put it in some sort of system.

I want to build one for processing oil at home and one for on the road.

Joe

DA BIG ONE
03-13-2008, 01:18
Patent issues aside, thinking building one for personal use would be cool.

It would have to have some quality bearings. Compressed air, even tapped from turbo compressor, and oil pressure to spin device would work, higher the rpm's the better unit will work.

I'm guessing the unit does not fill up with oil because it works on centrifugal force so a big drain is needed.

I see lots of big machines use this device in concert w/filters so it has value in the oil cleaning department.

Kmehr
10-11-2009, 12:01
I have the dieselcraft 0c50 cetrifuge that i use for my veg oil cleaning. I filter it with a strainer on my transfer pump and then run it for about four cycles. Oil comes out looking like sweet tea, cleaner and cheaper (in the long run) than using bag filters like i used to do. I have mine mounted on a wooden frame along with a Grainger gear pump to drive it. I put the frame on top of a 55 gallon drum. I would reccomend it if your are looking to go the veg route, Cleans oil great.

convert2diesel
10-11-2009, 20:49
Log onto:

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc

and do a search for centrifuge. Lots of stuff there.

Bill