PDA

View Full Version : 4.5L Duramax News

DieselEnvy
03-08-2008, 12:25
From SAE.org:

http://www.sae.org/automag/techreport/03-2008/1-116-3-42.pdf

They've moved to the "gamma" stage in development!

trbankii
03-09-2008, 11:45
For the first time since reading these articles on the 4.5L Duramax, this is the first time it jumped out at me (or perhaps I had forgotten) that it is still a V8...

Why did I think it was a V6?

It is significantly smaller than the current Duramax, though, isn't it? I'm guessing that based on the fact that they are stuffing it into the Suburban and Hummers where the current D-Max won't currently fit...

DieselEnvy
03-11-2008, 13:26
Yup, its a V8.

I think Jim might have reported seeing a V6 version a few years back, but evidently that one didn't make the cut.

It is smaller, or rather more "scrunched up"...... 72 degree Vee, as opposed to 90 degrees.

Current 'Max will fit the trucks, but the Ally will not..... without a taller frame, or a body lift, or smashing in the tranny tunnel. I s'pose GM doesn't wanna do that!

BigRabbitMan
12-07-2008, 15:24
I am curious if the The Diesel Page will be setting up a separate discussion heading for the 4.5L engine like it has for the other engine sizes? This would help those of us that are interested in following developments to find any current events or discussion.

DmaxMaverick
12-07-2008, 19:47
I am curious if the The Diesel Page will be setting up a separate discussion heading for the 4.5L engine like it has for the other engine sizes? This would help those of us that are interested in following developments to find any current events or discussion.

Gotta see one on the road, first. After that, count on it. Until then, it's just "news".