PDA

View Full Version : B20 or 20% SVO

afgunn
03-15-2008, 13:50
Are there any problems using B20 or 20% SVO in the 93 6.2L listed below? That is other than checking/replacing the fuel filter often in the beginning.

Subzilla
03-17-2008, 10:16
I can give you my biodiesel experience. I don't know if you have rubber fuel lines or not but BD will turn these to mush if they are already old. Using only 20%, this process might take a long time. I've replaced my injector return lines and other lines with Viton but have not replaced all of them, yet. I've been running B75 for 2 years during the warm weather months as my old 6.2's don't like to start up on B100. During the cold I'll run B25 just to make sure the BD doesn't gel.

B20 will run in the 6.2 just dandy and you'll love the exhaust smell even with only 20%.

I can't help you much with the SVO other than what I've heard about the IP's not liking the higher viscosity of SVO.

afgunn
03-25-2008, 13:30
Thanks for the info. When I said SVO I meant only 20% SVO, which technically probably is not SVO but 20% V0. So, what I really meant was running B20 or 20% VO. But thanks again for the reply!

Dakster
03-25-2008, 16:27
I recommend NOT running WVO or SVO of any blend in any newer diesel - don't know about your 93 - although I would still try and steer clear of it. The pressures are too high and people tend to have problems.

SVO or VOusual requires a separate tank so you can start/stop on dino diesel/biodiesel.

For B20 or 20% Biodiesel:
I don't see any issues other than fuel lines and filter plugging due to BIO cleaning out the tank and lines. Be prepared, I pumped 99% bio out of a drum for 5 months before the heater hose I used decided to start "sweating" bio. If it was a fuel line I would've ended up stranded. I have since switched to clear hoses for my pump outs.

Good Luck. Also, I buy from a commercial supplier so I am not as concrned about quality issues.