PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by stealership

Ramster21
03-15-2008, 16:28
About 6 weeks ago, during a -40 below cold snap, I had a rear axle seal blow out, leaking. The stealership, denied my claim cause my tires are too big for the truck 285's WARNING don't by from Lithia. Yes, even Chevrolet is backing them up on their decision. The bad part is Monday the 9 March my rearend went out. Extensive damage, now I have to find a new/used rearend for my Truck with only has 29,455 miles on. My next truck will be a Toyota.
:mad:

mr. monte
03-15-2008, 17:58
I asked about putting larger tire on my 07 classic when I bought it, they warned me that GM was getting tough on warranty issues, and said that ONLY 265/75R16 were an acceptable replacement size

after I thought about this for a minute...I don't understand the dealership, they could have warrantied it, got paid, the mechanic would of got paid, the customer would be happy, now they made no money, the mechanic made no money, and one pissed off customer that's wants to buy a different brand now!!!

mr. monte
03-19-2008, 07:22
I thought of something else....

isn't this the same axle that is used in the H2 hummer????

and what sized tires come on it????

DmaxMaverick
03-19-2008, 09:04
I thought of something else....

isn't this the same axle that is used in the H2 hummer????

and what sized tires come on it????

No. The AAM 11.50 is unique to the GM HD line. Dodge uses a similar AAM axle on their 3500's. Tire size is not the issue. The final drive ratio is the key. If you have or want aftermarket size wheels or tires, better to keep the OEM's for those trips to the dealer. GM's policy is not necessarily to turn away claims on vehicles with larger tires. Most dealers will honor claims if OEM's are on it when it is taken in. (good reason to keep your OEM takeoffs).

Ramster21....

Put OEM tires/wheels on it and take it to another dealer.

carco
04-10-2008, 11:16
Yea, towed in a Tundra last summer; how you like it, real well; any problems, no well yes new trans @ 75000 miles; pull or haul anything, no; Well sir my DA and many other GM products over the years from S-10 to Corvettes to C7500's have never needed engines or trans or rear diffs!! bob.................