PDA

View Full Version : Dave Bernatis

Dave Bernatis
03-25-2008, 08:13
Have a 2005 2500HD Duramax. Great truck and no major issues until this weekend. Cruise set at 68, everything normal. cruise kicked off and engine light came on. pulled over to side of the road. engine would run but very little power. Having similar problem before with fuel filter but didn't have the engine light on. Changed filter but didn't fix problem. Under warrenty so truck was towed to local dealer. Dealer informed me that an injector line was broke behind the filter. Not covered by warranty because i may have broken it changing the filter. don't think this is the original problem. Any ideas/thoughts?

More Power
03-25-2008, 08:42
Highly unlikely to break an injector fuel line when changing the fuel filter. Ask to be shown the bad part...

Jim

DmaxMaverick
03-25-2008, 08:56
That's curious. Injector lines are pretty stout. I could see a fuel supply line getting knocked around until it leaked, but not an injector line. You'd have to wrench it pretty good (hit it with a hammer, etc.). There should be some very obvious physical damage evidence. I agree with Jim, have them show you just what they think is broken, and verify it was actually damaged and not just failed. What was the code associated with the SES?

Also, your engine has a 5 year or 100K mile warranty from the factory, and fuel system components are covered (as long as you didn't cause the failure). How many miles?

cowboywildbill
03-25-2008, 09:57
I had a rusted thru "broken" injector line on a Brockway over the road tractor once, It sprayed fuel like a pressure washer spray's water. If you didn't have fuel everywhere, I doubt it was broken. I agree with the other guy's, have the Dealer show you what was broke. Good luck.