PDA

View Full Version : bumper replacment

Kmehr
04-01-2008, 18:21
anyone have any experience building their own front bumper replacement? I really like the bullnose from ranchhand but am hesitant to pay the money and increase the front end weight by 220 lbs.

Turbo Al
04-02-2008, 10:58
I have the Ranch hand rear bumper (cost me $25 lol) and I gotta tell you I have NO FEAR of backing up in the bush anymore. Sure they weigh a lot but they are an easy install good fit and built like a tiger tank. I will be getting a front just as soon as another Semi hits the frount end of the truck the last one made quite a mess of the rear end.
Al

trbankii
04-02-2008, 14:27
I built a replacement bumper out of rectangular tube steel for my Toyota after an inattentive driver "reconfigured" the stock one. It turned out fairly nicely for what it is, but if you're looking for the Ranchhand "look" then you're obviously looking at a bit more work. All depends on the tools at hand and your skill and ingenuity as far as making one.

Kmehr
04-02-2008, 18:06
yeah, the more research I do the more I think that the metal work is a bit out of my league.... and i don't have access to a pipe bender or bead roller