PDA

View Full Version : Injector Installation Today

JoeX87000031
04-03-2008, 12:51
I am installing mew Stanadyne injectors in my truck today. I was wondering if there were any quick pointers you all may have besides not to remove the Turbo, just position it, and get a torque wrench with an elbow. Thank you all and take care.

P.S. I put a new boost control solenoid in my truck yesterday and I was greatly suprised at how badly that little 50 dollar part makes a difference. I dont think these things were meant to run that well without boost. Things are getting better in a hurry with my rig, and many thanks due to all of your experiences and knowledge on here.

Bnave95
04-03-2008, 13:32
It was 9-3-2000 when last I did this. Take your time with the lines moving them out of the way. I did not remove the turbo and had no trouble. The heat shields are more of a pain to remove. While there at #6 & #8 check that the glow plug are good as are the terminals.
I did the Pass side first. The install kit uses the push on return line,Good. I did not see the new copper rings. I'm sure they are there. There will be no need in bleeding the injectors,they will bleed themself. Rough running at first but will smooth out.

mrwilecoyote
04-05-2008, 21:33
spend the 40$ for OTC 5060(Think that's right) injector socket. You'll be glad you did.