PDA

View Full Version : Nice 82 Chevy 6.2 2wd Shortbox - $3,700

joed
04-07-2008, 07:13
Since I'm in a 'spring cleaning' mood, lowering the price of my 82.

Please see my ad in the classified section for details and a picture:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/classad.htm

Thanks.

Joe.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
04-11-2008, 11:18
Nuts, why couldn't you live in Canada? :)

joed
04-14-2008, 07:01
At the amount of 'folklore' and misinformation about the 6.2 that still exists.

I've got the truck advertised locally and had a guy call yesterday. Asks me a few questions and after I tell him it's a 6.2 diesel he says:

"Oh that's a horrible engine, converted 350 gas. Those things were always in the shop, no power....yada, yada."

After a few attempts in trying to get him back to reality, I gave up.

It's just frustrating that the reason I bought this truck and feel it's truly unique is the reason most people won't touch it...

Oh well, I get to still drive and enjoy it in the meantime...

Joe.

Subzilla
04-15-2008, 06:09
Yup, wish you were a little closer. I wouldn't mind having a pick-up to go along with my SUV fleet. Looks like a nice one.

It is amazing how reputation of one thing seems to be applied to everything associated with that one thing. I guess we're all guilty of that. The Ford Powerstroke flame thrower, the Pinto fireball, the Ford/Firestone tire failures, the GM truck side saddle gas tank explosions, .......

6.5 Detroit Diesel
04-15-2008, 09:20
I liked the thread that ran a little while ago about gasser to diesel block conversions. I knew shortly after joing here that the 6.2 was a Detroit block but what I didn't know was about the IH gasser being basically converted to diesel for Ferd. In another argument with friends a little while ago, when they brought up the 6.2 gasser, I gleefully corrected them and pointed out the Powerjokes origins. :D

joed
04-29-2008, 06:05
To the top....

This is a nice truck and would prefer to pass it to someone who appreciates/understands the 6.2...

Thanks, again.

Joe.