PDA

View Full Version : boost question

d.h.
08-20-2004, 22:40
I recently towed my 30ft fifth wheel down to Lake Tahoe. Going through Oregon my boost dropped right off while cruising at 65mph.It then fluttered up and down and only when I put my foot in it would it react. I,m home now and its doing it again empty, but just when there is slight acceleration.If I give lots of throttle it does what it,s supposed to.Could this be the waste gate?Thanks for any comments

DA BIG ONE
08-21-2004, 03:42
Originally posted by d.h.:
I recently towed my 30ft fifth wheel down to Lake Tahoe. Going through Oregon my boost dropped right off while cruising at 65mph.It then fluttered up and down and only when I put my foot in it would it react. I,m home now and its doing it again empty, but just when there is slight acceleration.If I give lots of throttle it does what it,s supposed to.Could this be the waste gate?Thanks for any comments I run into a problem like that if somehow the turbo goes into over boost, which actually super heats the air intake charge, yes even with my IC this has happened, sensors pick it up and keep the boost down somehow, but a top dead center relearn somehow fixes mine!

I like to let the motor idle when this happens to allow for a cool down, instead of an obvious hot shut down!