PDA

View Full Version : truck won't fire up after sitting at wrong angle

highway162
04-15-2008, 15:21
Ok I recon this might be simple but I've had this 2000 2500 a couple of years now as a work truck and I can't always get my mechanic when I need him so here goes. I've been hauling rock and I fill the bed up till she's squattin real good, rides like an old Cadillac and the 6.5 pulls with pleanty of power but after I park it and go to crank it up again it shuts down suddenly like it's suckin water or air. After I unload and it sits with the ass back upright overnight it runs fine. My guess is that the tank has water in it or something but I don't know where to find anything on this diesel having always been a gas engine person. I bought a Haynes manual but it seems about useless to me. I hope y'all can educate me. Thanks:cool:

More Power
04-16-2008, 11:11
Bleed the fuel filter when it won't start, to see if there's air in the fuel filter or if fuel won't pump.

Jim

highway162
04-16-2008, 13:10
Thanks Jim,
I know where the gasoline GM trucks filters are but could you tell me where the diesel filters are located ?

rhsub
04-17-2008, 03:02
Fuel filter is located at rear of intake manifold under the turbo power cover, there is a black knob on the top that is used to bleed air from the system
Good luck
Ron

highway162
04-18-2008, 11:45
Thanks Ron,
I had suspected it was under there, but before taking things apart I kinda like to know where I,m heading. I'll post back on the results and thanks for lesson 1 in GM diesel anatomy, I feel enlightened already.

Charlie