PDA

View Full Version : eates glow plugs

jonropes
04-17-2008, 04:59
my 1993 6.5 turbo goes through glow plugs HELP!

DennisG01
04-17-2008, 05:20
Need some more info so we can properly help you. How often are you changing them? Are all of them going bad at the same time? What brand are you using? How long has this been going on? If they're the "quick heat" type, that's probably the problem right there. What have you checked so far - wiring, GP controller, etc? The more you can tell us, the more we can help. Also, did you try using the search function? GP problems have been talked about quite a lot and there's lot's of info already out there.

On the plus side, I see this is your first post in 4 years - you must be doing pretty good! Welcome aboard! :)

ronniejoe
04-17-2008, 10:14
Advanced timing has been known to shorten glow plug life on the mechanical injected engines.

arveetek
04-17-2008, 11:01
Jonropes,

I don't live all that far away in Granby, and work in Carthage. Let me know if you need help with your truck.

Casey

Kennedy
04-17-2008, 18:48
Jonropes,

I don't live all that far away in Granby, and work in Carthage. Let me know if you need help with your truck.

Casey

There's the guy to check it out! Just spoke about this today, but I drew a blank as to shops.

Casey,

He's been pitting/orange peeling them so it's definitely timing/temp related. He says the timing is "quiet" but there's no tab. I suggested that he fashion some sort of tab and start adjusting in 2 degree increments from a known starting point.

I'll see if I have his phone # from the call today and point him your way