PDA

View Full Version : Help me out here this is wierd

vetteboy
04-26-2008, 06:58
I bought this 200000 truck in January. It ran flawlessly until it got warmer out.I replaced my LP the first time it wouldn't start. Searched here and got the help to diag that. It was not working and likely had not for some time. It started right up in seconds and ran fine. Drove it 40 miles started fine several times and sat for 4 hours.It took maybe 20 seconds for it to start home and ran fine all the way back. I could not get it to start for over a week. Went out this morning and it fired right up and runs like a top. Cleared my 0231 code and it is code free. The only difference is it was 45 this morning and once it hits about 70 today I'm betting it won't start. What the heck is going on that it is temp sensitive??

chevy1988
04-27-2008, 03:19
since the problem occur when the truck has been sitting for a while and you coldstart it I would suspect a wireing/connector/relay problem. Humidity is allso affected by temperature, and humidity and electrics in combination can cause strange problems (I hear) :)

I'm going to overhaul all my connections quite soon myself due to all the posts here that suggests that many strange problems is caused by this and can even make gearshifting act up... so as I se it, it might be good investment of time :)

Good lyuck anyways