PDA

View Full Version : torsion bar busted through the crossmember

muscularmodel
04-28-2008, 12:07
Anyone know what years I can borrow one off of to fix this thing, what happened was I added a torsion kit with a new keyway that was supposed to add 2" lift. I am just going with a bigger suspension lift and scraping this little 2'' deally. But I must get a new crossmember as this one is scrap now. truck is a 94 6.5 diesel.

If anyone has any info or has one contact me please, rpinvestments at hotmail.com

THanks!

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2008, 13:35
Welcome aboard!

Where are you located? I have a crossmember off a 1995, intact and undamaged. Fresno - Bakersfield, CA area.

muscularmodel
04-29-2008, 00:44
Texas coast, 77586.. What would you be willing to sell it for? ups ground wouldnt be too outrageous.

DmaxMaverick
04-29-2008, 07:58
I'll weight it and get the shipping cost calculated. Watch for a PM in a day or so with the info.

You may want to check with a local wrecking yard. They can be outrageous with many things, but sometimes you can get lucky.

jggiedeman
05-01-2008, 08:26
Had a problem with a farmer truck special. I needed to replace all 3 crossmembers. Around $35-45 for the torsion bar crossmember. might luck out and get the torsion bars with them since most wrecking yards won't waste the manpower to pop them out. I got mine out, cleaned up the surfaces and torched/ground the bars into prybars. Good luck,

Jerry