PDA

View Full Version : Please help me figure this temp thing out

vetteboy
05-01-2008, 10:55
I've posted seevral renditions of my 200000 mile truck. It turns over and starts instantly as long as it's cold outside. It's been 40's in the morning and 60's in the afternoon and runs like new. As soon as the air temp is 80 today it will not fire. I can turn the key on with the water valve open and it will puke fuel on the driveway. I unplugged the CTS and did not change a thing. What can make this thing temp sensitive?
Thanks

ronniejoe
05-01-2008, 11:02
Pmd/fsd.........

vetteboy
05-01-2008, 14:12
I have no codes and I don't see the logic of pmd failure when it starts and runs countless times all day in cold weather engine cold or hot.

JeepSJ
05-01-2008, 14:18
I have no codes and I don't see the logic of pmd failure when it starts and runs countless times all day in cold weather engine cold or hot.

Search the forums here and read all the postings about the PMD failures. Your symptoms are fairly typical.

ronniejoe
05-01-2008, 14:43
All I can do is offer advice. It's up to you to decide what to do with it.;)

DmaxMaverick
05-01-2008, 14:52
PMD's have defied logic for years. Definitely a prime suspect.

If you IP has a lot of miles on it, it could be a problem. You'll have to read fuel and underhood air temps for some connection. Warmer fuel has a lower viscosity, and can prevent the pump (head/rotor clearance) from developing pop pressure. Warmer ambient temps also allow the pump housing to expand, and coupled with thinner fuel and increased head/rotor tolerance, won't start an otherwise healthy engine. Increasing the cranking speed can help if it's borderline.

vetteboy
05-01-2008, 15:35
Thanks. Do not mean to undermine anyones suggestions. Just trying to figure it out. I pulled the sensor in the manifold and shot wd40 in the hole. She fired right up and restarts fine now. Great throttle response no somke no codes.