PDA

View Full Version : wierd pedal

cnbo4
05-04-2008, 19:14
Here's a question for you
I have a 1994 Blazer with a 6.5 turbo, automatic trans.
The truck is hard starting when cold for one. A lot of white smoke when it finally fires up. Then for the most part it runs good.

The truck accelerates evenly as I'm applying throttle but once i'm at a set speed,if you let off it just drops right to idle. Hard to explain. Sorry. Pretty hard to help out a problem that isnt explained clearly I know.
So, for example if I'm going down the road at a set speed and just feather the throttle back a little, it'll drop out from say 1400 rpms to 800. No ramping down,just wham. It feels like it kills,but then press the throttle just a bit and the engine runs right back up to speed. Really hard going through town,cause I just dont seem to have the pedal position i need.

Well thats it in a nut shell. Wish i could use sound effects,

a5150nut
05-04-2008, 19:41
Have you pulled the codes yet? If so what are they?

White smoke, I would look at the glow plug circuit and glow plugs.

How many miles on the motor?

Have you cleaned ALL ground connections? Bat cables and cluster on right rear head. This is the basics to start. Then we can help you from there.

More Power
05-10-2008, 16:38
The torque converter unlocks at speeds below 62-mph and with the accelerator pedal at idle. This drops the engine rpm to near idle while coasting.

Jim

ronniejoe
05-10-2008, 16:46
The accelerator pedal position (APP) module may be going bad. Check for codes.

cnbo4
05-16-2008, 15:30
Hey thanks for the info. I dug around on the forums after you mentioned the torque converter. That is whats happening. Wen its locked everything is fine,but crest a little hill or something and it unlocks and then the rpms are going up and down. So I was wondering,do I want to install a switch to lock the torque converter or what? I should mention the tranny was just replaced as was the t.c. Thats actually when the problem started.:confused: