PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

sjlnys
05-07-2008, 12:49
Just bouught 06 LLY, Silverado, Loaded including sun roof LT Crew Cab, all stock original traded in by a retired guy who bought an 08 LTZ exactly like this one. Only 17,000 original mint condition miles. :) I'm looking forward to learning the ropes af Diesel driving, upgrades and towing. Hello everyone. :D

sjlnys
05-07-2008, 12:55
I've been told to upgrade intake, Filter charger?...... upgrade exhaust from 3 1/2" to Single 4"....... and get programer (I don't have a clue which would be the best?).
I'm ready to be bombarded by suggestions from fellow Diesel Forum members.

More Power
05-07-2008, 14:48
Nice looking truck! Sounds like a real cream puff with such low mileage.

What to add first sorta depends on your ultimate goal(s). An exhaust and intake (or fee-flowing filter) are the usual first steps. I'd also add gauges to the list of first upgrades.

Thanks,

Jim

sjlnys
05-07-2008, 17:16
Thanks for your reply..... It certainly is a well cared for low mileage truck that was used only to pull a 5th wheel trailer. Service records show no issues and oil, filter etc changed every 3,000 miles. Lucky to buy right around Kelley blue book trade in value :).......
I guess I'll try some of the forums to see what kind of gages you referred to and what the experience deisel guys think about certain upgrades with there successes and failures...... :confused:

sjlnys
05-07-2008, 17:21
Goal is good towing performance with best possible MPG driving reasonably. 1st 35 mile trip at 65 MPH and computer zeroed showed 20.3 MPG and avg fuel economy over several days of driving is showing 17.2 ...... I will hand calculate over time as I put more miles on and develop a good baseline before starting any upgrades, but I look forward to playing with upgrades in the near future. thanks again for your comments......

UK Diesel
05-18-2008, 15:56
Nice looking truck, and hello from another newbie :)