PDA

View Full Version : dtc codes 32 and 33

dooster52
08-22-2004, 09:17
I want to thank you guys for steering me the right direction on Ip replacement some months ago on my 94 6.5 na van.It was replaced under warranty and I was happy for a while. But shortly after the repair was done I noticed that the contols(air discharge locations) for the ac would not work properly at idle but only at cruising speeds. Now they dont seem to work at all and Im getting codes 32 and 33. Does the vac pump control the ac/heating controls as well as the egr valve and such? Also I hear a whirring noise when I accelerate under cruising loads.I really dont notice any other performance symtoms but I am wondering if I could do damage to the engine by not attending to this right away. Any advice would greatly be appreciated

MTTwister
08-22-2004, 09:39
dooster52 -

DTC 32 - EGR Circuit Error

DTC 33 - EGR Control Pressure/Baro Sensor Circuit High

You probably knew that - I don't believe that the vacuum pump controls anything realted to teh A/C 'controls'. Try a search on various word combo's and see what comes up - unti you get a diffinitive answer from the knowledge base.

Marty Lau
08-23-2004, 13:34
vaccum controls wastegate controller and ERG and that is it! I dumped my Vaccum after putting a TurboMaster on. Just had to get a 1993 belt and away it went.

dooster52
08-23-2004, 15:02
well this is a normally aspirated 6.5 with computer control and I thought that possibly that the hvac control could be the old style like this van body hasnt changed in a generation and the hvac controls stopped working about the time that the ses light started to infrequently coem on. what a coincedoink.?? thanks for listening...