PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Fuel Economy - AirLift Air Springs

More Power
05-14-2008, 11:42
Maximizing Fuel Economy
Top Ten Proven Ways to Stretch Your Diesel Dollars.

We've always been concerned about fuel economy. That's why many diesel owners bought a diesel in the first place, and is precisely why I bought a 6.2L diesel powered GMC K1500 in the 1980's. Compared to today, fuel was relatively cheap back in the day, but nearly everyone was still concerned about the cost of fuel. Where we once saw diesel fuel at less than $1.30/gallon in the mid 90's, as of May 2008 we're seeing a painful $4.30 or higher. This upward trend will likely continue. What we hope to do here is illustrate powertrain management strategies and modifications to your 6.2L, 6.5L or Duramax powered truck that can help to improve fuel economy and save you money.

AirLift Air Springs
Leveling the Load
For the 1992-2008 GM Trucks & Suburbans

Like many of you who use your diesel pickup truck or Suburban to tow trailers or haul heavy loads, I use my Suburban to tow a 30 foot travel trailer that tips the scales at a hefty 8500#. Over time, this has caused the rear springs on my 3/4 ton Suburban to relax so that the rear now sits lower than the front even while unloaded. With models available to fit all 6.5L or Duramax powered pickup trucks and Suburbans, I eventually settled on the AirLift adjustable air springs as being the best solution to this problem. Follow along as we take you through the kit introduction, installation and show how the air springs solved the problem.

The new May articles are now available in the subscriber section (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm#features) of The Diesel Page.