PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injector sleeve Part.#

Duraswede
05-17-2008, 14:53
Hi does anybody know the part number for the injector sleeves in a Duramax LB7 -03?
i also would like to know if there's an internet shop where i could buy them, and the sleeve removal tool J45910.
i appreciate some help with this. the Swedish GM part supplier says that the sleeves can't be bought separately, and they want $320 for the tool:mad:

DmaxMaverick
05-17-2008, 15:26
Injector sleeve: 97188463
Injector sleeve O-ring: 94051259

gmpartsdirect.com prices each are $17.04 and $1.04, respectively.

The injector tools can be had for a lot less. Ebay has two that I've found, HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kent-Moore-J-45910-J-44639-J-46594-INJECTOR-Tools_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQihZ010QQit emZ200223487677QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto) and HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENT-MOORE-J-45910-Injector-Tube-Removal-Tool-Diesel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1 247QQcategoryZ43996QQihZ012QQitemZ220233574457QQrd Z1QQsspagenameZWD1V). Or, you can make your own (contact Duramaster about that), but I you'll need a sacrificial injector for that.

Duraswede
05-17-2008, 15:42
Big thanks!! i didn't even think about E-bay as a source for this.. i have sent a question to the seller if he can ship to sweden, i cant bid on the auction before i get an answer from him.

and thanks for the part number, i'll check what they cost here in sweden first, because i think that gmpartsdirect dont ship outside US?
i only need 2 sleeves, there's only one leaking but it's good to have one more..
Edit:
and now i even found a sleeve on Ebay, i'll mail him too.!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/duramax-injector-sleeve_W0QQitemZ260239537089QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em260239537089&

DmaxMaverick
05-17-2008, 15:58
Great find. I hope you get it all worked out before you have to give your firstborn to GM.

I don't really know how the international shipping thing works, but there's got to be a better way. If it were me, I'd have a friend in the states make a purchase for me, then ship the "gift" to me. The price differences are so outrageous, I'd figure out a way to do it. It would have to be legal, of course, but there's got to be a better way.

Duraswede
05-17-2008, 16:06
i'm buying most smaller parts in US, even with the Swedish toll and tax fee's included it's way lower prices than if i should buy it here.
larger parts can be shipped by boat if i have the time.
i have ordered a complete MBRP stack exhaust from xtremediesel and it would be too expensive to ship any other way than by boat, so i sent it to a company that ships containers to Sweden, malefors international in Arizona.

but thanks a lot that you took the time to help me, iƤll see what the sellers will answer tomorrow.

i have yet another question, is it easy to see the headgasket markings if i look down in the engine compartment? i know they're somewhere on the front of the gaskets, it should be a tab with 1 or 2 holes in it, but i cant see it..

DmaxMaverick
05-17-2008, 16:20
I can't help with the head gasket ID. I've seen a few 01/02 gaskets, but the markings weren't visible until the heads were removed. If there are external markings, I missed them. I've been fortunate enough to have seen only a few Duramax head gaskets up close, and only one of those was a failure. None of them mine.

Duramaster
05-19-2008, 06:15
The right gasket grade is visible at the right rear of the head. The left gasket grade is visible at the left front where the head meets the block. You may have to pull the P/S pump bracket off to gain access to the left front one.

Duraswede
05-19-2008, 12:08
Hi, took a look under the hood again but there's no way i could even see the markings, i dont even see where the head meets the block.
But there is 3 different thickness, so if i chose the thickest, it can't be bad for the engine, it could just be better to get a lower compression so it lasts longer. i'm not going to tune it up over stock, so it dosn't matter if i loose a few HP. what do you think about it?

Duramaster
05-20-2008, 06:04
I have yet to see the thickest gasket in use. The gaskets are most always grade B and sometimes grade A.

Duraswede
05-22-2008, 10:07
now i have bought 2 injector sleeves with o-rings, the J45910 tool, and valve cover gaskets, soon i'll order 2 headgaskets+bolts, 8 glowplugs and 8 injectors.

and in the middle of june when my vacation begins, i'll start to take it apart, and perhaps i'll see no cracked heads or other sad things..

thank you Duramaster and DmaxMaverick for the help.

DmaxMaverick
05-22-2008, 10:58
Good luck, and try to enjoy your "vacation". Please keep us posted once you start the project. Pictures would be real nice, too. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Duraswede
06-07-2008, 15:13
i have one more question, is the copper sealing washers usually included when buying remanufactured injectors?
and is there any O-rings higher up on the injectors? (like the ones on the sleeves)
Edit: i looked on a picture of an injector and saw an o-ring, so i hope it's included with the reman. ones..

Duramaster
06-08-2008, 12:59
The injectors that are remanufactured for GM come with the copper washer, body O ring and the injector tube O ring. As far as the injector sleeves go, I can get them one at a time as needed. I don't know why your parts source said otherwise?

Duraswede
06-08-2008, 13:44
The injectors that are remanufactured for GM come with the copper washer, body O ring and the injector tube O ring. As far as the injector sleeves go, I can get them one at a time as needed. I don't know why your parts source said otherwise?

Ok, i think the washers are included, i bought my injectors from pensacolafuel.com, they were the cheapest ones and had the lowest core charge, i dont know what brand the injectors are, i doubt they are Bosch, then it would have been mentioned on the site, they had bosch injectors and they were much more expensive, at least i hope that those i ordered ain't made in china.

i have bought 2 sleeves with o-rings on ebay, and i dont understand why my local dealer didn't found the part number in the catalog, maby he was blind:D

Duraswede
06-16-2008, 08:26
i have another question, what's the size of the head bolt "head" it looks like a torx but i havn't seen that big ones so i'll have to order a socket that fits.

Duramaster
06-17-2008, 06:07
The cylinder head bolts themselves are 17mm 12 point head bolts. The upper and lower rocker cover bolts are 5mm allan screws. Do you have your tools together yet? Do you have the injector puller and the sleeve puller/ installer?

Duraswede
06-17-2008, 09:56
The cylinder head bolts themselves are 17mm 12 point head bolts. The upper and lower rocker cover bolts are 5mm allan screws. Do you have your tools together yet? Do you have the injector puller and the sleeve puller/ installer?

i didn't even think about that it could be that simple as a 12-point socket.. well then i have one that fits!
i have bought the J45910 sleeve puller but didn't find any injector puller on ebay so i will make one on my own, it didn't seem to be that complicated..

i was very surprised when i read that the valve play is manually adjustable.. like an old 50's engine.. i was quite sure the D-max had hydraulic lifters.