Oil switch pressure
glow plugs
Battery cables 0 gage
Serpentine belt
Starter
Performance air filter
4" exhaust
FSD/PMD (relocated)

Now i am thinking to change the injectors because i have been told (web sites + forum) that once the engine reaches 100K miles the injectors should be replaced.
What is the best place to purchase injectors?
Some web sites claim that their injectors will increase the HP by 25.
Is that true? I would not mind to increase to have 25 more HP.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Eric

More Power
05-20-2008, 09:48
Here are some general recommendations regarding injector replacements...

1- Make sure you get genuine Bosch injectors. There are Chinese copies out there, which are being sold by more vendors than you know. I've heard from 6.5 owners who were less than satisfied - for a number of reasons. Always ask what brand the injectors are.

2- I recommend buying either new or remanufactured OEM injectors from a certified fuel injection shop, whose business is diesel fuel injection components. www.usdieselparts.com (http://www.usdieselparts.com) is one that advertises here. They are an authorized reman facility for all of the diesel fuel injection system brands.

3- I've yet to see any dyno graphs from any vendor showing a performance gain when comparing new 6.5 injectors with those advertising more power. Till they can prove it, I'd not give them a second look.

4- For the best and most predictable results, I recommend using stock injectors with a stock fuel injection pump. This means a factory DS4 manufactured and calibrated for on-road use should use factory replacement injectors. Likewise, if you have a marine calibrated DB2 pump, you should use marine fuel injectors.

Jim

ealemany
05-20-2008, 12:37
Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I will look at the usdieselparts.com and will give them
a call as well.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers

Eric