PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent wiper issue

akrockhound
05-20-2008, 14:20
I thought my intermittent wiper control had gone bad but it came back to life and is working fine. When it was acting up, the intermittent settings did not function, the wiper was just on - and wouldn't turn off at all.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has dealt with the issue and if so what part needs to be replaced - Is it in the steering column part of control or is there a "black box" somewhere that gets replaced.

This reminds me of issues I had with all the controls (window/mirror door lock) in my passenger door and the dealer said it was computer controlled and sometimes just removing/reinserting the fuse "reboots" the module and it works fine from that point onward. Maybe that's what is up with my wipers.

jbplock
05-20-2008, 15:39
I had a similar problem that turned out to be the wiper control module which is mounted on the wiper motor assy. Mine wouldn't turn off at all..

see the following thread for more info .. wipers won't turn off (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=27778)

akrockhound
05-21-2008, 12:59
I looked at the thread you recommended and that sure descirbes the issue...once again the FORUM proves to be worth it's weight in gold.