PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I

whacked
05-22-2008, 14:35
Probably have to bring my truck in to get injectors check out by the dealer. My question is should I take my chip out or not? I'm not very good friends with my dealer and they might give me a bit of a hard time. What do you guys think? It's a 04 GMC if that makes a difference and they should cover it under warranty I hope. It's hard to start when the engine is warm.

Another quick question will they cover the service call if the injectors are bad?

Thanks in advance

DmaxMaverick
05-22-2008, 14:53
If the dealer knows you have (or had) a programmer or "chip" in it, that's all the reason they need to deny a warranty claim, even for injectors. That is, if they are interested in a denial (very few dealers aren't). Unless you have a VERY good relationship with your dealership, and they already know about it, remove the program/module. We all know the injectors can and do fail with and without programmers and modules, but the dealer doesn't need our help to give them a reason to deny a claim.

I don't know what you mean by a "service call", but getting the truck to the dealer is part of the coverage (if it won't start, runs real bad, has fuel in the crankcase, or you've been told not to run it). The policy clearly states "at no cost to the customer". This includes all diagnostics and shop materials.

Even if it is not the injectors, you may still be covered for other engine or fuel system problems under the 5 year or 100K mile engine warranty. The emissions warranty is also longer than the B to B, but varies according to your state of delivery, and covers the fuel system. Both of these warranties have a $100 deductible.

whacked
05-30-2008, 18:14
Thanks for the help I had two bad injectors and they replaced all 8. With no questions asked! Again the help is much appreciated.

Philsauto
06-12-2008, 07:33
Thanks for the help I had two bad injectors and they replaced all 8. With no questions asked! Again the help is much appreciated.

Do you have an LLY or an LB7? The LLY has a 2 in the 8th position on the VIN, while the LB7 is a 1. Also, how many miles on your truck? Thanks!

whacked
06-17-2008, 11:58
Do you have an LLY or an LB7? The LLY has a 2 in the 8th position on the VIN, while the LB7 is a 1. Also, how many miles on your truck? Thanks!
It is a LB7. 75,000 miles.