PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Throttle - without pressing pedal

Splitrimz
06-02-2008, 22:24
I have other posts regarding this truck, but this new symptom is going to get me hurt. Pulled up to a red light, applied the brakes and all hell broke loose. The motor sped up significantly and spewed a tremendous amount of black smoke, it was in drive, I had the brakes jammed on to keep from hitting the car in front of me, the motor throttled down, then back up. I got it shut off.

Waited a minute in the traffic lane, started it up, it was idling OK, crept to the side of the road and as I went to stop it started again. Shut down again. Several tries of waiting and starting, it still kept doing it.

Disconnected cable from my remote FSD and hooked it to the pump FSD, it started and idled normally. I crept it home from there and parked it.

Could it have been the FSD? I don't trust the beast now and I can't be sure it is corrected with the swap of FSD until it might happen again.

Any thoughts to ease my mind?

JohnC
06-03-2008, 11:58
Yes, it could be the FSD. Any codes set? Usually they stall when this happens. The only way to tell for sure is to put a scanner onn it and look at solenoid closure time.

Splitrimz
06-03-2008, 17:56
John, thanks for the reply, yes I have to dig out the software and try to get it loaded on my new machine. I'll be back with some readings when I can get that accomplished. Splitrimz

Robyn
06-03-2008, 20:36
This is not a common failure of a PMD but they will do it sometimes.

How old and how many miles on the PMD thats in question??

Get a DTech unit

Best

Robyn

Splitrimz
06-04-2008, 10:50
The FSD was about 7 mos. old, a very expensive brand new one purchased with the remote under bumper cooler package.

I am about to get my GMTD software going again, my laptop was stolen. Once I get it up and running I'll start looking at some parameters on the truck. I hope something shows up. Every time I scanned the truck previously, everything was within limits. Hopefully something will surface this time.

I'll report back.

Thanks, Splitrimz.

Splitrimz
06-04-2008, 10:53
Hi Again, any specific parameters I should focus on when I get the chance to check it out?

Splitrimz