PDA

View Full Version : a potential ground problem

stapleton
06-09-2008, 19:54
I have been searching and reading threads and I think I may have a grounding problem. There is mention of a ground connection passenger side. Are there any other ones that may not be obvious that I need to find?
Summary of problems (intermittant)
Problem 1 one, case of tranny shifted out of second after big hill tranny shifted back to drive but did not engage Instead it felt like nuetral. Truck would drive in 2nd but not engage in drive. Shutting engine off and on again solved problem. Problem 2, Low coolant light was on with lots of coolant present. Engine stalled while driving one day. When I restarted engine low coolant light went out. I found mentions that bad grounds can cause strange problem so I thought I would look at all the grounds first.
I was wondering if my b&K shift kit could have caused the tranny event??
Sorry for the disjointed post. I am trying to keep it short winded.

simon
06-09-2008, 21:59
clean the ground wire stud good, check for broken ground wire core inside insulation. there is from the same stud a thin copper braided strap going down behind engine on the pass side to the frame , i have seen that broken on several occasions.check and clean all battery clamps and grounds
others will pipe in on the tranny issue