PDA

View Full Version : diesel soot

yz837
06-10-2008, 19:24
how do you make a 95 6.5 soot everwhere with out damaging the truck

Robyn
06-10-2008, 19:39
HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

First off, why would you want to waste $4 plus a gallon diesel to make a cloud of black smoke.

The 95 is electronically controlled and to make a load of black smoke takes fuel and there is no easy way to do that that wont mess things up.

best

Robyn

DmaxMaverick
06-10-2008, 22:11
You could disconnect the vacuum line or wastegate solenoid (or incorporate a switch) and it will smoke under load. The PCM won't like it. I agree with Robyn, though. $4+ a gallon isn't something to dump out the pipe. And if you have a cat, it'll plug in a hurry.

trbankii
06-11-2008, 06:34
Soot = unburnt fuel... $5 a gallon unburnt fuel...

I'd be trying to burn as much of the liquid gold as I could...

yz837
06-11-2008, 20:32
I just made a plate to partially block the intake

JeepSJ
06-11-2008, 23:51
IMHO, it is the vehicles that go around belching black smoke and soot that give diesels a bad name.

Why would anyone want to do something like that?

john8662
06-12-2008, 10:54
"with out damaging the truck"

This isn't a safe thing for the engine. Unburnt fuel, or excess of fuel will equal unsafe Exhaust Gas Temperatures, which will damage the engine/truck.

With that said. I always wanted to take a 6.2L non-turbo engine and install an EGR intake manifold on it, make the EGR functional via the vacuum and one of the solenoids. I'd engage the solenoid at WOT, allowing vacuum to open the EGR when it's NOT supposed to be open.

This will make black smoke...

I personally hate seeing black smoke following me, and have worked pretty hard to make the truck below in my signature not smoke (and burn the fuel, go faster).

J