PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Connector Issues

chrisinkanata
06-13-2008, 13:51
We're having some issues with the connector on our truck..intermittent connections etc. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my shop manuals and I need a schematic. I've not been able to find anything on the internet, so does anyone here have a schematic that could be e-mailed to me please.

Thanks,

Chris

Duraswede
06-13-2008, 15:10
do you want to know the colors or do you need a wiring diagram?
i have memored the colors so they are:
Yellow: left turn/stop
dk green: right turn/stop
brown: taillamps
lt. blue: stoplamp
dk blue: trailer brake
white: ground
red: battery power from stud#1 in underhood fuse box.

i have a diagram in my service manual so i can scan it for you if you give me your email adress.

chrisinkanata
06-13-2008, 19:08
Duraswede....that would be great. I've sent you a private message with the e-mail addr. Thanks a lot.

Chris

Duraswede
06-16-2008, 13:33
did you recieve it?

chrisinkanata
07-07-2008, 18:12
Duraswede - I did receive it and put it to good use. Thanks and sorry for the delay.

For the info of others....when I got the socket assembly apart, the interior of it was completely corroded. The female connector on the harness seemed in tact but the male connectors in the actual trailer plug recepticle was completely corroded, to the point that they were gone. In fact they, they were fused by corrosion into the female.

Anyway, replaced the whole connector with an aftermarket piece and all good now. Nonetheless, very interesting.

Chris