PDA

View Full Version : Mirror won't extend

JohnnyR
06-16-2008, 11:48
Have the factory extending mirrors on my '05 GMC 2500HD. Recently the driver's sidse mirror won't extend or retract without help, i.e. mepushing or pulling the mirror as I activate the comtrols switch. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Is there a way to lubricate the mechanism?

Duraswede
06-16-2008, 13:37
mine did the same, if you angle down the glass you will be able to spray WD40 or eq. on the sliding surfaces inside the mirror, you will figure out where to spray if you operate it while looking inside what is moving.
my mirrors works perfect now.

JohnnyR
06-17-2008, 08:38
Duraswede

Thanks. I'll give the WD40 a try.

Roy W
06-17-2008, 18:39
Call Power Vision (the manufacturer of the '05 extending mirrors) at 866-901-2954 and tell them your problem. They will e-mail you a set of instructions on how to remove the mirror glass and adjust the clutch on the motor. In a nutshell, there is a clutch on each mirror motor that is intended to slip to some extent incase both mirrors don't extend evenly. They do not recommend any lubricant as it collects dirt and eventually will cause more drag and cause the clutch to slip even more. Ask me how I know.

The people at Power Vision are very nice and will bend over backward to help you.