PDA

View Full Version : Putting the puzzle together- pictures/ diagrams please!

fastboat
06-16-2008, 16:41
Well my semi-complete rebuild is done and now I'm heading back in the reinstall direction. I have most things labeled, but a few dumb things I forgot are catching up with me now. Most notably, which valve cover holes get bolts and which ones get studs? Any pictures or diagrams handy? I have a subscription to Alldata, but it isn't specific enough. I looked at the picture albums, but it takes forever to search through there. Any help is appreciated as always!
Dave

a5150nut
06-16-2008, 18:22
What are we working on?? :confused:

diesel65
06-16-2008, 18:54
Studs along the bottom for brackets and the bolts go on top

Robyn
06-17-2008, 06:24
The LH cover will need a stud on the front corner where the return line picks up the injector returns.

The RH cover will need studs where the little bracket for the injector heat shield fastens on. also the front corner one will need a stud for the return line too.

As the pile of misc brackets and parts dwindle the issue will become quite evident.

As long as you have allowed the silicone goo to set up well on the covers you can swap the bolts and studs around as need be so stuff will fit properly.

Best

Robyn

fastboat
06-24-2008, 13:47
Thanks for the help! Maybe someday I'll actually be able to post that I'm done. It's already been 15 months, what's a few more?
Dave