PDA

View Full Version : Power problems with my LBZ

ALASKANDMAX
06-20-2008, 11:24
For all of you out who have recently taken their rigs to the dealership, I am looking for some help. I took my 2500 HD in to get the 4X4 switch changed out as well as a transfer case actuator replaced. After getting my truck back from the shop i noticed that my power was nothing what it used to be. The truck used to flat haul, but now it is more like the powerstrok I use at work. I called the dealership and asked what they had done to it and after a little bit of digging I found out that they had downloaded a new program to my ECM. Is this why my truck is running like crap? The dealership advised that I should change my fuel filter and use some fuel treatment. Does any one know if the new program has tuned down the power? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cabletech
06-20-2008, 17:52
I have the latest update on my LBZ and have noticed no loss of power.

Jay

moss6
06-20-2008, 18:37
My suggestion would be that you request that the dealership reflash the ECM with the original program in the learn mode---engine and transmission. Drive it hard and I wouldn't be surprised if it out performs what it did before their update, which probably was flawed.

ALASKANDMAX
06-21-2008, 09:50
I will try that. Anything is better then what I have right now! THNX

NutNbutGMC
06-21-2008, 19:56
On an earlier model I had with the LB7, I too experienced the same situation. Truck was not the same after an ECM upgrade.

ALASKANDMAX
06-22-2008, 10:22
I have also noticed that my milage has gone down significantly as well. I am starting to wonder if the previous owner had some kind of programer involved.

ALASKANDMAX
06-26-2008, 12:11
After I have the re flashes how should I drive the truck. I want to have the power, but I also want the mileage I was getting before. If I drive it hard, I should expect it to perform better, but will that also reduce my milage?

Rabbler
07-13-2008, 14:59
Just drive like you normally would. The ECM will adapt but can take up to 500 miles.
Generally you can't undo an update. Anytime you reprogram you get the latest release and all previous calibrations are discontinued.

Mark Rinker
07-13-2008, 16:59
Huh?

ECM (Engine Control Module) does not adapt or learn from driver inputs.
TCM (Transmission Control Module) has adaptive learn logic, and will adapt to driver inputs.