PDA

View Full Version : 4L80E Shift Points

gbeyer
09-02-2003, 13:26
I have a '95 2500 HD. When my injector pump took a dump on me, the shift points went up high, obviously beacause I couldn't get suficient fuel to the motor, and had to give too much throttle. My problem is since replacing the pump, the shift points have not come back down to normal. I was giving it some time, but it jut hasn't happened. Can any one give my a little help. TIA :mad:

ucdavis
09-02-2003, 16:34
Almost sounds like you're stuck in limp mode aka "backup fuel mode" in GM parlance. If you clear the codes and still have the trouble, or check codes & get only a 12, this isn't it.

gbeyer
09-03-2003, 08:57
I am not getting any codes, that is what doesn't make sense!

charliepeterson
09-03-2003, 20:49
Try disconnecting all battery cables for a short time and then taking the truck for an easy ride then jump on it. The computer should relearn its shift points from powering down.
If this doesn't work do a filter replacement and complete transmission flush.

gmenor
09-04-2003, 01:37
Had the same thing happen a year ago, it ended up burning my transmission out even after having the dealership saying everything was good. Mechanic said it was one of the solenoids within the transmission that went south. Try the tranny flush and make sure to have the transmission cooler lines blown out too. If your transmission fluid smells burnt it is just a matter of time before it will strand you. Sorry this is not what you want to hear. After a year, my eyes are still glued to my RPM's.

95 Suburban