PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Running Lights

EdHale
06-22-2008, 14:57
OK, I'm ready to give up. The 4114 bulbs in my 2006 LBZ seem to last about 3 months with the right hand one lasting even less. I am using dielectric great when I install them and I'm using name brand bulbs and have tried virtually every brand. I just replaced the right hand one again just now.

Does anyone have the "secret" to a bulb that will last longer than just a few weeks? I'm about ready to take the bulbs out and leave them out.

Ed

gophergunner
06-23-2008, 10:30
I installed some HID lights in my 2006 Sierra. The truck had pretty well aimed headlights in the first place, so the HID's worked that much nicer.

Had them for about a year and a half now.....still good, not a single problem yet!!!

EDIT: I wasn't paying attention....I just realized you were talking about daytime running lights. Sorry, my mistake.

jdd75
06-23-2008, 12:01
Afternoon Ed
Have found in the past that an intermitten ground or power
is usually the culprit.There is only so many on/off cycles in
any bulb.Today this is not normaly a problem.Things do happen tho.

Don

More Power
06-30-2008, 10:23
Try a lower wattage bulb. GM issued a bulletin a few years ago that covered the early HD pickups, regarding the daytime running lights, and recommended a lower wattage bulb(s) to help increase the average lifespan of those bulbs.

Jim

CrashTestDummy
07-08-2008, 18:18
Would someone have a number for such lower-wattage bulbs? I don't have much problem with ours, in that the first set lasted about 5 years, but _both_ sockets were brittle and burned when it came time to pull the bulbs. I'd like to put something that would run cooler in there. Thanks.

Gene Beaird,
'02 GMC 2500HD D/A
Pearland, Texas