PDA

View Full Version : Deer meets oil cooler

4inchsnappy
06-25-2008, 10:26
Well I have had the great misfortune to hit 2 deer in the last 4 days with 2 different vehicles!! the first deer I hit put a pinhole leak in my 95' sub 6.5 oil cooler. Should I try to get it welded? the leak is in the main vertical tube on the outer edge of the cooler. or does anybody have a oil cooler to sell? if you do send me a note.

thanks

p.s the second deer ran into my door(86' hardbody nissan pickup) I popped the door panel out and got the latch to work, good enough for now as the deer population continues to grow.....bull bars/cattle catchers are in my furture.

derekja
06-25-2008, 11:52
at least you're going to eat well for a while!

john8662
06-26-2008, 06:33
The cooler is aluminum, you can have it tig welded, although this may or may not work.

I have a used cooler for a '95 that I think I can actually find, send me a PM and we can move from there.

J

Lonesome7.3
06-30-2008, 02:29
I have not seen the damge, but I am willing to bet that you would be better off just replacing the cooler.

Do you all have a hunting season or can you "legaly" hunt year round?

Robyn
06-30-2008, 06:17
The oil cooler is such a vital part and if the patch ruptures could lead to catastrophic engine failure. Hmmmmmmmm Get a new one or at least one that is free of damage.