PDA

View Full Version : uummmm help? maybe?

lquested1
06-28-2008, 13:52
this is the first time ive been here. dont know what else to do. my son (17)bought a chevy k3500 6.5 liter turbo diesel truck but the other owner threw a rod through the block and he put in a 454 gas and never finished it. we have the computer and the wiring harness for the 454 as well as the old diesel motor and wiring harness and computer. problem is i can connect the wiring harnees to computer and to engine but there are 3 other clip plugs by the computer that only goes to the diesel harness not the 454 harness. i do not know what they are for or what they do can they be by-passed . left alone please help. i wanted to leave it diesel but the price to get the diesel to work again:eek: is just way to much for us to handle...
thanks
lee

wade-ve7trw
06-29-2008, 13:09
year of truck
year of motor
color of wires
pictures of plug and wires if possible would help.
Trace wires back to where ever and see what they go for starters
From there we should be able figure out what they are for and what purpose they serve.:confused:

More Power
06-30-2008, 10:28
this is the first time ive been here. dont know what else to do. my son (17)bought a chevy k3500 6.5 liter turbo diesel truck but the other owner threw a rod through the block and he put in a 454 gas and never finished it. we have the computer and the wiring harness for the 454 as well as the old diesel motor and wiring harness and computer. problem is i can connect the wiring harnees to computer and to engine but there are 3 other clip plugs by the computer that only goes to the diesel harness not the 454 harness. i do not know what they are for or what they do can they be by-passed . left alone please help. i wanted to leave it diesel but the price to get the diesel to work again:eek: is just way to much for us to handle...
thanks
lee

My guess is the project wasn't completed because it got more complicated the deeper into the conversion he got.

If were installing a gas engine, I'd get an aftermarket electronic FI kit to manage the engine and an aftermarket TCM to control the 4L80-E automatic trans.

But, I wouldn't go the gas route because of the cost of fuel. I'd get the truck running with another 6.5L turbo diesel. ;)

Jim