PDA

View Full Version : pmd removal

mncguy
06-28-2008, 19:21
has any one tried to remove a pmd by sliding a hacksaw blade between the pump and the pad,to try and cut the four mounting screws off.on the australian version(centre mount turbo)there is stuff all room between the the pmd and inlet manifold about 1/4 of an inch.
spoke to the pervious owner and he said that he had a new one replaced under warranty in 2001,havn't had any problems since,but dont want to have the so called "failure"

DmaxMaverick
06-28-2008, 20:05
You'd destroy the PMD that way. There's no clearance, and the PMD is tight (or should be) against the pump. You can fab a wrench to get to the screws, as many have. The screws aren't that tight. If you don't care if you destroy it or not, just leave it there (unmolested), and hook up to a remote FSD. If need be, it will always be there, and probably work, if your other driver fails.

mncguy
06-28-2008, 21:42
there is a piece of aluminium about 1/8" thick the same size as the pmd located between the pump and the pmd,i was going to slide the blade between it and the pump,note WAS.I thought this was a heat sink or something similiar

simon
06-28-2008, 22:11
wy use the hacksaw? if i was you i would use a cold chisel and a BFH [big f """"g hammer.
gives same result,only faster.