PDA

View Full Version : No MIL - Guages -TCM

ktobin
04-29-2004, 04:10
Another problem. I just discovered that my 95 6.5 has:
- No MIL Indication
-Some Guages not reading correctily: Fuel Guage regestering 5 o'clock past full & oil guage reading pressure with engine off.

- No Glow indication or relay operating.
I checked the fuses for the guages and PCM .They are OKAY. Is it related to TCM and what and where is it located. Thanks!

charliepeterson
04-29-2004, 19:29
You might only have some bulbs burntout of the cluster. It only takes a few minutes to remove the entire cluster.

The oil pressure should hold as well as water temp after the truck shuts off untill you turn the key again. Everything will reset then.

The fuel guage is another issue. Some work well some don't. Most likely in the tank sending unit failed or is failing. Just keep track of mileage with the trip meter. It's cheaper.

ktobin
04-30-2004, 08:42
Problem turned out to be a poor ground connection from firewall to chassis .Cleaned it up and everything checked Okay!

Thanks!

jerry598
08-15-2005, 11:57
I am having a similar problem. No idiot lights or guages working, and no start, but engine cranks over strongly. Replaced a battery and checked battery cables, no luck. Suspect a faulty ground because the lights have come on intermittently. When they do, the engine starts without any trouble. Can you tell me where that ground connection is from the firewall to chassis?