PDA

View Full Version : flickering dash lights

lb7lbz
07-17-2008, 15:21
hey guys i posted a thread on this a while ago but no one had an answer, however now i have a little more info on the problem so we'll try again. truck is an 01 dmax x cab 4x4 with 224000 miles. sometimes at night i would notice the headlights flicker or dim for a split second. now watching things more closely all the interior lights do as well.most noticable is my low fuel light which is on most of the time because gm sending units are junk. pulling the trailer up a hill today i think i could feel the truck hiccupping when the dash lights flashed. bad ground? where should i start to look? i dont want to be stranded towing my trailer,any help is appreciated thnx

More Power
07-25-2008, 10:34
I'd begin by checking the batteries and battery cables. Then the alternator. Then the grounds.

Jim

lb7lbz
07-27-2008, 18:38
thanx jim i actually replaced the starter today because it would click every once in a while.the truck now turns over like it has 2 new batteries i cant believe the difference so i'm wondering if that may have had something to do w it now for the next project transfer case aaahh:D